10 nights / 12 days
athens • lefkadaparos • zakynthos • kefalonia
Beaches, turquoise water and incredible food and drink await! Start out in Athens, and visit three popular Ionian islands over 12 magical days.
Visit iconic Greek islands and experience the history, charm and sunny skies of this incredible region. Your flights, accommodations, land and ferry transfers are included, and you'll have ample time to explore the islands at your own pace.
Sample 2019 Prices from various gateways*:
$3068 (txs incl)/pp (Comfort)/from Toronto
$3416 (txs incl)/pp (Comfort)/from St. John's
$3329 (txs incl)/pp (Comfort)/from Halifax
$3493 (txs incl)/pp (Comfort) from Calgary
*Prices are in CAD funds, per person, based on double occupancy with round-trip flight in Economy Class
Prices are always subject to change, please request an updated quote price
Out & About - Suggested Itinerary
The day-to-day locations are already set and hotel accommodations will already be booked, but what you do during the day in each location is completely up to you. We've gathered our top picks for suggested itineraries, places to visit, things to do and even great spots for tasty treats. Explore to your heart's content and take our suggestions - or don't! No one decides what your travel days look like but you. Just make sure to get to the hotel on time!
Day 1 Depart Canada
Fly to Athens.
Day 2 Welcome to Athens
Upon arrival in Athens, transfer to your hotel and check in.
Day 3 Athens: At leisure
Admire historic landmarks or just find a great spot for coffee and people-watching in this bustling city.
Out & About Suggestions
Dive into Athens' incredible history and archaeology with a visit to the Acropolis ($). Check out the shops on Ermou and Kolonaki streets or stroll through the picturesque streets of the Plaka, and be sure to head to one of the many rooftop bars and restaurants to sample Greek food and take in the stunning panoramic views of the city.
Day 4 Athens - Zakynthos
Transfer to the airport for your local flight to Zakynthos. Upon arrival in Zakynthos, transfer to your hotel and check in. The rest of the day is free to start getting to know the island of Zakynthos.
Days 5 & 6 Zakynthos: At leisure
Spend two days exploring Zakynthos at your leisure.
Out & About Suggestions
Discover Zakynthos at your own pace. Stroll through the charming towns of Zakynthos Town and Tsilivi, sample local wine and cheese, or head out to one of the island's clubs for drinks and dancing. While the hours away on sandy beaches in hidden coves, or snorkel or sail ($) on clear water.
Meal(s): 2 breakfasts
Day 7 Zakynthos - Kefalonia
After breakfast, transfer at the indicated time to Zakynthos port for your fast ferry to Kefalonia. Upon arrival in Kefalonia, transfer to your hotel and check in. The rest of the day is yours to discover Kefalonia.
Day 8 Kefalonia: At leisure
Enjoy a full day exploring the Ionian's largest island.
Out & About Suggestions
The setting for Captain Corelli's Mandolin, Kefalonia boasts amazing views, intriguing caves and some of the best beaches in the Mediterranean. Explore the Ionian's largest island. Kefalonia boasts amazing views, intriguing caves and some of the best beaches in the Mediterranean. Head out on the water to snorkel or dive, then sample the island's local feta cheese, honey or delicious white wine.
Day 9 Kefalonia - Lefkada
Enjoy your early morning breakfast and at the indicated time transfer to Kefalonia port for your fast ferry to Lefkada. Upon arrival in Lefkada, transfer to your hotel and check in. Spend the rest of the day taking in Lefkada's exceptional views, visit historic monasteries, or relax at a charming café.
Day 10 Lefkada: At leisure
Spend the day at one of many beaches on the island.
Out & About Suggestions
Lefkada's most popular beaches include Porto Katsiki, Egremni and Kathisma, all boasting beautiful turquoise water and striking landscapes. The island is dotted with lovely villages and seaside tavernas serving up fresh seafood.
Day 11 Lefkada - Kefalonia - Athens
Transfer to the port of Lefkada to take the ferry to Kefalonia, then transfer to the Kefalonia airport for your local flight back to Athens. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel.
Day 12 Athens - Return to Canada
After breakfast, transfer to airport where you will board your flight home.
HOTEL CHOICES (or similar)
OPTION 1 - Comfort
Unless otherwise indicated, guests will stay in a Standard Room at all hotels during the trip.
- Athens: The Stanley Hotel 4-star (or similar) (2 nights)
- Zankythos: Phoenix Hotel 3-star (or similar) (3 nights)
- Kefalonia: Ionian Plaza Hotel 3-star (or similar) (2 nights)
- Lefkada: Vassiliki Bay 3-star (or similar) (2 nights)
- Athens: The Stanley Hotel 4-star (or similar) (1 night)
OPTION 2 - Superior
- Athens: Electra Hotel 4-star (or similar) (2 nights)
- Zakynthos: Palatino Hotel 4-star (or similar) (3 nights)
- Kefalonia: Mediterranee Hotel 4-star (or similar) (2 nights)
- Hotel in Lefkada: Porto Galini Seaside Resort & Spa 4-star (or similar) (2 nights)
- Hotel in Athens: Electra Hotel 4-star (or similar) (1 night)
OPTION 3 - Premium
- Athens: NJV Athens Plaza 5-star (or similar) (2 nights)
- Zakynthos: The Lesante Luxury Hotel & Spa 5-star (or similar) (3 nights)
- Kefalonia: Apostolata Island Resort & Spa 5-star (or similar) (2 nights)
- Lefkada: Ionian Blue Bungalows & Spa Resort 5-star (or similar) (2 nights)
- Athens: NVJ Athens Plaza 5-star (or similar) (1 night)
Bed size(s): 1 double bed or 2 twin beds
Room occupancy: Maximum 3 people (3 adults, or 2 adults and 1 child)
INCLUDED WITH YOUR PACKAGE COST
- Round-trip flights to Athens (if flight and hotel package option is chosen)
- Local flights from Athens to Zakynthos; Kefalonia to Athens
- 10 nights of accommodation
- 10 breakfasts
- All airport and port transfers in Athens, Zakynthos, Kefalonia, Lefkada
- Fast ferry Zakynthos to Kefalonia; Lefkada to Kefalonia
- Earn Aeroplan® Miles
- Meals other than those detailed
- Baggage handling/porterage
- Optional tours
- Fees for visa if required
• Travellers should always cover their shoulders and legs when visiting some religious sites.
• In Europe, hotel rooms are generally smaller than in North America. There are rarely two double beds in a room. Triple rooms usually feature one double bed and one single bed or three single beds or one double bed and one foldaway bed or two single beds and one foldaway bed.
• Some types of sports equipment, including golf bags, etc., are not accepted in the rooms. They have to be kept in a specific area, which is usually locked.
• All hotels provide towels; some do not offer face cloths.
• In most European countries the voltage is 220V.\
2019 Departure Dates
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday from May 1 - September 20
City taxes are applicable for hotel stays in Greece and are payable in local currency upon arrival. Rates vary from 1 EUR to 5 EUR depending on hotel star rating and location and are calculated per room, per night. Rates are subject to change without notice.
WHY CHOOSE US?
We are Greece experts, having travelled to the Greek Islands and the mainland of Greece numerous times, we can give you first-hand experience what distances are covered in Greece, what to watch for, and how to get value for your money.
© Copyright World Travel Warehouse