Zakynthos and Kefalonia
8 nights / 10 days
athens • zakynthos • kefalonia
Combine urban adventure with dreamy island experiences with stops in Athens, Zakynthos and Kefalonia.
Visit iconic Greek islands and experience the history, charm and sunny skies of this incredible region. Your flights, accommodations, land and ferry transfers are included, and you'll have ample time to explore the islands at your own pace.
Sample 2019 Prices from your gateway*:
$2660/pp tax incl (Comfort)/from Toronto
$2671/pp tax incl (Comfort)/from St. John's
$2661/pp tax incl (Comfort)/from Moncton
$2782/pp tax incl (Comfort)/from Edmonton
*Prices are in CAD funds, per person, based on double occupancy with round-trip flight in Economy Class
Prices are always subject to change, please request an updated quote price
Out & About - Suggested Itinerary
The day-to-day locations are already set and hotel accommodations will already be booked, but what you do during the day in each location is completely up to you. We've gathered our top picks for suggested itineraries, places to visit, things to do and even great spots for tasty treats. Explore to your heart's content and take our suggestions - or don't! No one decides what your travel days look like but you. Just make sure to get to the hotel on time!
Day 1 Depart Canada
Fly to Athens.
Day 2 Welcome to Athens
Arrive in Athens, transfer and check into your hotel.
Day 3 Athens: At leisure
Spend the day exploring Athens.
Out & About Suggestions
Travel back in time to ancient Greece with a visit to the Acropolis or New Acropolis Museum ($). If shopping is more your thing, check out the shops on Ermou and Kolonaki streets. Stroll through the picturesque streets of the Plaka, and don't miss a drink and snack at one of the city's excellent bars and restaurants to sample Greek food and drink.
Day 4 Athens - Zakynthos
After breakfast, transfer to the airport for your local flight to Zakynthos. Upon arrival in Zakynthos, transfer to your hotel and check in. The rest of the day is yours to explore Zakynthos.
Days 5 & 6 Zakynthos: At leisure
Spend two days getting to know Zakynthos at your own pace.
Out & About Suggestions
Stroll through the charming towns of Zakynthos Town and Tsilivi, sample local wine and cheese, or live it up at one of the island's many bars and clubs. Experience a new level of relaxation on incredible sandy beaches in hidden coves, or head out on the water to snorkel or sail ($).
Meal(s): 2 breakfasts
Day 7 Zakynthos - Kefalonia
After an early morning breakfast, transfer at the indicated time to Zakynthos port for your fast ferry to Kefalonia. Upon arrival in Kefalonia, transfer to your hotel and check in. The rest of the day is free in Kefalonia.
Day 8 Kefalonia: At leisure
Explore the Ionian's largest island and discover amazing views, intriguing caves and some of the best beaches in the Mediterranean.
Out & About Suggestions
Work up an appetite snorkelling or diving at Agia Efimia - you may even spot some loggerhead sea turtles, Caretta caretta! Then, sample island's fresh seafood, local feta cheese, honey or delicious white wine.
Day 9 Kefalonia - Athens
Transfer to airport for your local flight back to Athens. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel.
Day 10 Athens - Return to Canada
After breakfast, transfer to the airport and board your flight home.
HOTEL CHOICES (or similar)
OPTION 1 - Comfort
Unless otherwise indicated, guests will stay in a Standard Room at all hotels during the trip.
- Athens: The Stanley Hotel 4-star (or similar) (2 nights)
- Zankythos: Phoenix Hotel 3-star (or similar) (3 nights)
- Kefalonia: Ionian Plaza Hotel 3-star (or similar) (2 nights)
- Athens: The Stanley Hotel 4-star (or similar) (1 night)
OPTION 2 - Superior
- Athens: Electra Hotel 4-star (or similar) (2 nights)
- Zakynthos: Palatino Hotel 4-star (or similar) (3 nights)
- Kefalonia: Mediterranee Hotel 4-star (or similar) (2 nights)
- Athens: Electra Hotel 4-star (or similar) (1 night)
OPTION 3 - Premium
- Athens: Hotel NJV Athens Plaza 5-star (or similar) (2 nights)
- Zakynthos: The Lesante Luxury Hotel & Spa 5-star (or similar) (3 nights)
- Kefalonia: Apostolata Island Resort & Spa 5-star (or similar) (2 nights)
- Athens: Hotel NJV Athens Plaza 5-star (or similar) (1 night)
Room occupancy: max. 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
INCLUDED WITH YOUR PACKAGE COST
- Round-trip flights to Athens (If flight/ hotel package option is chosen)
- Local flights from Athens to Zakynthos; Kefalonia to Athens (taxes included)
- 8 nights of accommodation
- 8 breakfasts
- All airport and port transfers in Athens, Zakynthos and Kefalonia
- Fast ferry from Zakynthos to Kefalonia
- Earn Aeroplan® Miles
- Meals other than those detailed
- Baggage handling/porterage
- Optional tours
- Fees for visa if required
• Travellers should always cover their shoulders and legs when visiting some religious sites.
• In Europe, hotel rooms are generally smaller than in North America. There are rarely two double beds in a room. Triple rooms usually feature one double bed and one single bed or three single beds or one double bed and one foldaway bed or two single beds and one foldaway bed.
• Some types of sports equipment, including golf bags, etc., are not accepted in the rooms. They have to be kept in a specific area, which is usually locked.
• All hotels provide towels; some do not offer face cloths.
• In most European countries the voltage is 220V.
WHY CHOOSE US?
We are Greece experts, having travelled to the Greek Islands and the mainland of Greece numerous times, we can give you first-hand experience what distances are covered in Greece, what to watch for, and how to get value for your money.
© Copyright World Travel Warehouse