Ancient Aegean Bliss
9 nights / 10 days
(2 nts Athens, 7 nts Greek Island Hopping Cruise)
athens • istanbul • canakkale • volos (greece)• crete • santorini
From electric Athens right into the breath-stealing Bosphorus Strait and onwards - you'll stop in Crete for a pic with the iconic red pillars of Knossos. Make it to Santorini as night takes the whitewashed clifftop village of Oia and all her lights come on to dance off the caldera, an underwater sea crater, below.
Sample 2020 Prices from various gateways*:
*Prices are in CAD funds, per person, based on double occupancy with round-trip flight in Economy Class
Prices are always subject to change, please request an updated quote price
Day 1 Depart Canada
Fly to Athens.
Day 2: Welcome to Athens
Upon arrival in Athens, transfer to your hotel and check in. Spend the rest of the day exploring Athens at your own pace.
Electra Palace 4* or similar (2 nights)
Day 3 Athens: Sightseeing
Head out on an included half-day sightseeing tour of the city that includes a visit to the Acropolis and the New Acropolis Museum. (B)
Day 4 Athens - 7 Day Cruise starts
Transfer to the port and board your 7-day cruise to the Greek Islands and Turkey. (B/L/D)
Accommodation on cruise boat - next 7 nights
Day 5 Cruise - Istanbul Turkey
Arrive in Istanbul mid-afternoon and begin to explore Turkey's capital and most populated city. Also, historically important as the first capital of the Byzantine Empire and later, of the Ottoman Empire. (B/L/D)
Day 6 Cruise: Istanbul Shore Excursion
Enjoy your included excursion today - a cruise on the Bosphorus Strait, which divides two continents: Europe and Asia. (B/L/D)
Day 7 Cruise: Canakkale (Turkey) at leisure
Arrive early in the morning in Canakkale, a city and seaport in Turkey, on the southern coast of the Dardanelles at their narrowest point and the nearest major town to the city of Ancient Troy. (B/L/D)
Day 8 Cruise: Volos at Leisure
Visit Volos, one of Greece's largest and most attractive cities, and also one of the country's most prominent ports. This region's rich mythical history will capture your imagination. (B/L/D)
Day 9 Cruise: Crete (Heraklion) Shore Excursion
Your port of call today is Heraklion, Crete's capital city. Visit the Minoan Palace of Knossos, a fascinating open-air museum. (B/L/D)
Day 10 Cruise: Santorini (Santorini Shore Excursion)
In magical Santorini, be greeted by legends of time past. Head out on an excursion to picture-perfect Oia, perched on the Caldera rim, to see incredible sunsets. (B/L/D).
Day 11 Cruise: Athens - Return to Canada
Arrive in Athens early in the morning. Transfer to the airport and board your flight home. (B)
Bed size(s): 2 twin beds or 1 double bed
Room occupancy: max. 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
INCLUDED WITH YOUR PACKAGE COST
- Round-trip flights to Athens (if flight/ hotel package option is chosen)
- 9 nights of accommodation (hotel and cruise ship)
- 23 meals and all-inclusive drinks during the cruise
- Airport and port transfers in Athens
- Gratuities included on cruise
- Guided sightseeing in ports of call with excursions and ability to book excursions in other ports
- Earn Aeroplan® Miles
- Meals other than those detailed
- Baggage handling/porterage
- Gratuities (other than on cruise boat)
- Optional tours
- Fees for visa if required
• Travellers should always cover their shoulders and legs when visiting some religious sites.
• In Europe, hotel rooms are generally smaller than in North America. There are rarely two double beds in a room. Triple rooms usually feature one double bed and one single bed or three single beds or one double bed and one foldaway bed or two single beds and one foldaway bed.
• Some types of sports equipment, including golf bags, etc., are not accepted in the rooms. They have to be kept in a specific area, which is usually locked.
• All hotels provide towels; some do not offer face cloths.
• In most European countries the voltage is 220V.
WHY CHOOSE US?
We are Greece experts, having travelled to the Greek Islands and the mainland of Greece numerous times, we can give you first-hand experience what distances are covered in Greece, what to watch for, and how to get value for your money.
© Copyright World Travel Warehouse