7 nights/ 8 days
(visits: athens • corinth canal • nafplio • mycenae • olympia • delphi • kalambaka (meteora)
Jump into the incredible history and culture of Classical Greece. Lose yourself in fascinating and beautiful archaeological sites on a four-day tour to Olympia, Delphi and Kalambaka.
Sample 2020 Prices from various gateways*:
$2402 (tx inc)/pp (Comfort)/from Toronto
$2579 (tx inc)/pp (Comfort)/from St. John's
$2675 (tx inc)/pp (Comfort)/from Winnipeg
$2557 (txs incl)/pp (Comfort) from Vancouver
*Prices are in CAD funds, per person, based on double occupancy with round-trip flight in Economy Class
Prices are always subject to change, please request an updated quote price
DAY 1 Depart Canada Fly to Athens.
Welcome to Athens Transfer to your hotel and check in, then head out and get started exploring Athens. (3 nights)
DAY 2 Athens: At Leisure
Enjoy two full days in Greece’s largest city, home to incredible archaeological sites, art and history, and excellent restaurants. (2B)
DAYS 3 - 4 Athens – Classical Greece
Tour: Corinth Canal – Nafplio – Mycenae – Olympia (approx. 265 km)
Head to Olympia today. Along your route, stop at the Corinth Canal, Epidaurus, home to a fourth-century-BC theatre, the charming town of Nafplio and the archaeological site of Mycenae. (B • D)
DAY 5 Classical Greece
Tour: Olympia – Delphi (approx. 240 km)
Visit ancient Olympia, home to the Ancient Olympic Games. Then, pass through the picturesque towns of Nafpaktos and Itea on your way to mystical Delphi. (B • D)
DAY 6 Classical Greece
Tour: Delphi – Kalambaka (approx. 228 km)
Enjoy a guided tour of Delphi, including a visit to the Treasury of the Athenians and the Delphi Museum, before heading to Kalambaka, nestled at the foot of the Meteora Monasteries. (B • D)
DAY 7 Classical Greece
Tour: Kalambaka – Meteora Monasteries – Athens (approx. 354 km)
Visit the breathtaking monasteries of Meteora, perched on huge granite rocks, seemingly floating between land and sky. Return to Athens via Trikala, Lamia and Thermopylae. (B)
DAY 8 Athens – Return to Canada
Transfer to the airport to board your flight home. (B)
HOTEL CHOICES (or similar)
OPTION 1 - Comfort
Unless otherwise indicated, guests will stay in a Standard Room at all hotels during the trip.
- Athens: Polis Grand Hotel 4-star (or similar) (3 nights)
- Olympia: Hotel Antonios 3-star (or similar) (1 night)
- Delphi: Hermes Hotel 3-star (or similar) (1 night)
- Kalambaka: Orfeas Hotel 3-star (or similar) (1 night)
- Athens: Polis Grand Hotel 4-star (or similar) (1 night)
OPTION 2 - Superior
- Athens: Athenaeum Grand Hotel 4-star (or similar) (3 nights)
- Olympia: Hotel Europa 4-star (or similar) (1 night)
- Delphi: Amalia Hotel Delphi 4-star (or similar)(1 night)
- Kalambaka: Amalia Hotel Kalambaka 4-star (or similar) (1 night)
- Athens: Athenaeum Grand Hotel 4-star (or similar) (1 night)
OPTION 3 - Premium
- Athens: Divani Palace Acropolis 5-star (or similar) (3 nights)
- Olympia: Europa Hotel 4-star (or similar) (1 night)
- Delphi: Amalia Hotel Delphi 4-star (or similar) (1 night)
- Kalambaka: Divani Meteora Hotel 4-star (or similar) (1 night)
- Athens: Divani Palace Acropolis 5-star (or similar) (1 night)
Bed size(s): 2 twin beds or 1 double bed
Room occupancy: max. 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
INCLUDED WITH YOUR PACKAGE COST
- Round-trip flights to Athens (if flight and hotel package option is chosen)
- 7 nights of accommodation
- 7 breakfasts and 3 dinners
- Airport transfers in Athens
- 4-day Classical Greece coach tour
- Guided sightseeing (English or French-speaking guide)
- Earn Aeroplan® Miles
- Meals other than those detailed
- Baggage handling/porterage
- Optional tours
- Fees for visa if required
• Travellers should always cover their shoulders and legs when visiting some religious sites.
• In Europe, hotel rooms are generally smaller than in North America. There are rarely two double beds in a room. Triple rooms usually feature one double bed and one single bed or three single beds or one double bed and one foldaway bed or two single beds and one foldaway bed.
• Some types of sports equipment, including golf bags, etc., are not accepted in the rooms. They have to be kept in a specific area, which is usually locked.
• All hotels provide towels; some do not offer face cloths.
• In most European countries the voltage is 220V.
WHY CHOOSE US?
We are Greece experts, having travelled to the Greek Islands and the mainland of Greece numerous times, we can give you first-hand experience what distances are covered in Greece, what to watch for, and how to get value for your money.
© Copyright World Travel Warehouse