11 nights / 13 days
athens • CRETE • heraklion • chania • rethymno • agios nikolas • elounda
Start off in Athens and explore Greece's largest city before travelling to wonderful island of Crete over 13 fun-filled days, from the capital city to charming fishing villages. Travel at your own pace in the comfort of your rental car as you gaze at stunning mountain views, relax on the beach and explore ancient monuments, then enjoy delectable local food and wine.
If you love the freedom and adventure of the open road, then a Fly & Drive vacation is just what you need. Drive your way through the experience of discovering parts of Crete one kilometre at a time. The car rental and hotel stays are included in the package, along with a bunch of other travel essentials that will help make this trip easy, fun, and unforgettable.
Sample 2020 Prices from various gateways*:
$3325/pp (txs incl) from Toronto
$3475/pp (txs incl) from St. John's
$3498/pp (txs incl) from Moncton
$3415/pp (txs incl) from Calgary
*Prices are per person, based on double occupancy with round-trip flight in Economy Class
Prices are always subject to change, please request an updated quote price
Day 1 Depart Canada.
Fly to Athens.
Days 2-3: Welcome to Athens.
Transfer to your hotel and check in. Discover Athens at your own pace. (B)
Day 4: Athens – Crete – Chania (approx. 138 km)
After free time in the morning, transfer to the airport for your local flight to Crete. Upon arrival, pick up your rental car and head to Chania for the night. (B)
Day 5: Chania
Explore Chania, known for its charming old town and lovely mountain views. (B)
Day 6: Chania – Rethymno (approx. 65 km)
Travel to Rethymno and check into your hotel. The rest of the day is at leisure in this beautiful region. (B)
Days 7-8: Rethymno – Agios Nikolaos (approx. 140 km)
Drive to the coastal town of Agios Nikolaos. Spend the rest of the day, and the next day at leisure. (2B)
Days 9-10: Agios Nikolaos – Elounda (approx. 11 km)
Head towards Elounda and check in for 2 nights. (2B)
Days 11-12: Elounda – Heraklion (approx. 67 km)
Head to Crete’s capital, Heraklion. Check into your hotel and get ready to explore! (2B).
Day 13: Heraklion – Athens – Return to Canada
Return your rental car at the airport for your local flight to Athens, where you will board your flight home.
Hotel Options available (or similar)
- Athens: Hotel Stanley or similar 4-star (2 nights)
- Chania: Hotel Porto Veneziano or similar 3-star (2 nights)
- Rethymno: Hotel Olympic Palladium or similar 3-star (1 night)
- Aghios Nikolaos: Hotel Santa Marina or similar 3-star (2 nights)
- Elounda: Elounda Palm Hotel or similar 3-star (2 nights)
- Heraklion: Olympic Hotel or similar 3-star (2 nights)
- Athens: Electra Hotel Athens 4-star or similar (2 nights)
- Chania: Kydon Hotel 4-star or similar (2 nights)
- Rethymno: Veneto Hotel 4-star or similar (1 night)
- Agios Nikolaos: Hotel Miramare Resort & Spa 4-star or similar (2 nights)
- Elounda: Elounda Water Park Residence Hotel 4-star or similar (2 nights)
- Heraklion: Hotel Ibis Styles Heraklion Central 4-star or similar (2 nights)
- Athens: NJV Athens Plaza 5-star or similar (2 nights)
- Chania: Serenissima Boutique Hotel 5-star or similar (2 nights)
- Rethymo: Rimondi Boutique Hotel 5-star or similar (1 night)
- Agios Nikolaos: Sensimar Minos Palace Hotel & Suites (adults-only) 5-star or similar (2 nights)
- Elounda: Porto Elounda Golf & Spa Resort 5-star or similar (2 nights)
- Heraklion: GDM Megaron Hotel 5-star or similar (2 nights)
Bed size(s): 2 twin beds or 1 double bed
Room occupancy: max. 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
INCLUDED WITH YOUR PACKAGE COST
- Round-trip flights to Athens (If flight/hotel package option is chosen)
- Local round-trip flights between Athens and Heraklion (Crete)
- Airport transfers in Athens upon arrival
- 11 nights of accommodation
- 11 breakfasts
- 10-day car rental in Crete
- Earn Aeroplan® Miles
- Baggage handling
- Meals other than those detailed
- Optional tours
- Fees for visa if required
• Travellers should always cover their shoulders and legs when visiting some religious sites.
• In Europe, hotel rooms are generally smaller than in North America. There are rarely two double beds in a room. Triple rooms usually feature one double bed and one single bed or three single beds or one double bed and one foldaway bed or two single beds and one foldaway bed.
• Some types of sports equipment, including golf bags, etc., are not accepted in the rooms. They have to be kept in a specific area, which is usually locked.
• All hotels provide towels; some do not offer face cloths.
• In most European countries the voltage is 220V.
WHY CHOOSE US?
We are Greece experts, having travelled to the Greek Islands and the mainland of Greece numerous times, we can give you first-hand experience what distances are covered in Greece, what to watch for, and how to get value for your money.
© Copyright World Travel Warehouse